Tuesday, October 16, 2012

River runs wild and I do not fear
Afraid of nothing as the wind it tears
Casting shadows on the days of old
A winter dream, caught in the cold

Spraying angels in the burly snow
My mind lays with you as the months they flow
another season spins, the leaves return
waiting for the summer sun, to feel the burn

But your not here, no your far away
Edges of my sweater, crack and fray
from the miles of dreams Ive been walking through
The winding road that never leads to you

I've dusted bibles and twisted prayers
Thought of fate and your wind-blown hair
The drink and smoke only clog my mind
Makes me fall deeper and far behind

I write letters on postcards form foreign seas
Tell my mother, I'm making a man of me
But I'm just a boy lost and torn
My heart battered, dark and worn

My facade strapped tight and my nails filed
Parted hair with a crooked smile
They all pat my back and say job well done
Nobody knows my battles never won




No comments:

Post a Comment